In April 2017 my wife Marie and I returned to Papua New Guinea where I was born to serve as music missionaries to the people of the Enga Province and the Gutnius (Good News) Lutheran Church. Below you find links to all of our newsletters and many other aspects of our ministry.
Yours in Christ,
Dr. Martin Dicke
Prayer Partners & Newsletters:
Click here for our most recent newsletter. You will find links to all of our other newsletters below.
To become a Prayer Partner or subscribe to our newsletter, visit http://eepurl.com/b9Y4X1.
In the News:
- A recent story about Rev. Maniosa Yakasa and the Enga Bible Translation project – https://international.lcms.org/the-story-of-the-enga-bible-translation-project/.
Visit www.facebook.com/DickesBacktoPNG for lots more photos, videos, and stories. If you are not on Facebook, click here. After a security check you will be taken to our page. If a screen comes up asking you to subscribe to Facebook, just click “Not Now” and you will be able to see our page.
- Interview with LCMS official photographer Erik Lundsford regarding a recent trip to the Enga Province of Papua New Guinea – https://www.kfuo.org/2019/03/06/wlnd-030619-photojournalism-in-papua-new-guinea
- Podcast on “Sanguma” featuring LCMS missionary Anton Lutz – https://lcmsasia.fireside.fm/18
- Podcast about Pastor John Mos, a bush pastor from the Papaki Circuit in PNG – https://lcmsasia.fireside.fm/14 (see our March 2018 Newsletter for pictures and more details). Pastor Mos ministers in the Papaki Circuit, a two-day hike through the bush from the Wanakipa airstrip (see the video One Stone at a Time).
- Podcast about Pastor Philip Lyilya, a bush pastor from Yuyane in the Porgera Circuit of PNG – www.lcmsasia.fireside.fm/13
Click here for some videos of our mission work and mission work in PNG.
Oct/Nov 2019 Newsletter – A Beloved Pastor is Called Home
September 2019 Newsletter – Ministry in the Bush
August 2019 Newsletter – A Difficult Transition
May 2019 Newsletter – Home Service Visits
April 2019 Newsletter – Holy Saturday at Holy Cross
March 2019 Newsletter – PNG Women in Mission
February 2019 Newsletter – In Memory of Elinor (Dicke) Burce
January 2019 Newsletter – “Up from the Ashes”
December 2018 Newsletter – 2018 in Review
November 2018 Newsletter – Celebrating 70 Years in PNG
October 2018 Newsletter – “Tow’ring O’er the Wrecks of Time”
September 2018 Newsletter – “Thanks for Everything, Mom! Say ‘Hi!” to Dad.”
August 2018 Newsletter – Sanguma Statement & PNG National Day of Repentance
July 2018 Newsletter – The Remarkable Story of the Tarua Circuit
June 2018 Newsletter – Reconnecting With Old Friends
May 2018 Newsletter – Ordination of Pastor James Minato/Enoch and the Spear Tip
April 2018 Newsletter – Lamb of God/Pastor John Mos from the “Big Bush
March 2018 Newsletter – A Year of Ministry in Review
February 2018 Newsletter – Ash Wednesday and the Ring of Fire
January 2018 Newsletter – Five New Pastors for the Gutnius Lutheran Church
December 2017 Newsletter – Christmas in Papua New Guinea
November 2017 Newsletter – Celebrating the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation
October 2017 Newsletter – Explanation of the Luther Seal in Tok Pisin and English
September 2017 Newsletter – “How the Good News Came to Enga” Presentation
August 2017 Newsletter – Term 3 Begins at Timothy Lutheran Seminary
July 2017 Newsletter – Meet Badu Amos
June 2017 Newsletter – Funerals, Memorials, and Victory Celebrations
May 2017 Newsletter – Sharing Jesus Through Music in PNG
April 2017 Newsletter – Some of the Saints in PNG
March 2017 Newsletter – “But What Will You Do in PNG?”
February 2017 Newsletter – “A Music Missionary?”
January 2017 Newsletter – “Where Will You Live in PNG?”
December 2016 Newsletter – Graduation at Timothy Lutheran Seminary
November 2016 Newsletter – “Let’s Climb Mt. Hagen”
October 2016 Newsletter – From Ghosts to God in Enga Land
September 2016 Newsletter – “God is My Realtor”
August 2016 Newsletter – PNG Mission Work Past and Present
Click here for an archive of our latest Prayer Requests and Ministry Emails.
Martin and Marie Dicke
PO Box 803
Mt Hagen 281
Papua New Guinea