Join us from June 5-12, 2016 for the fourteenth annual Peoria Bach Festival. This year’s festival will feature eight concerts and six other events including a free lunch lecture and an event for children. For a complete schedule and details, please call (309) 676-4609 or visit www.peoriabachfestival.org.
The first concert on Sunday, June 5 will be held at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1420 West Moss Avenue and feature organist James Kibbie (see www.agopeoria.org). All other concerts and events will be at Trinity Lutheran Church, 135 NE Randolph Avenue. Please join us for:
- our annual Young Artists’ Concert on Monday, June 6 at noon;
- a Community Bach Concert on Tuesday, June 7 at noon;
- a lecture lunch on “Bach and Musical Meaning” and an event for children entitled “The Count Who Couldn’t Sleep” on Wednesday, June 8;
- the Peoria Bach Players on Thursday, June 9 at noon and at 5;30 p.m. Dr. John Orfe playing Prelude and Fugues by Bach and composers inspired by him;
- a concert for solo strings at noon on Friday, June 10 featuring EmmaLee Holmes-Hicks, violin and Adriana LaRosa Ransom, cello;
- a concert for orchestra entitled “Bach, Handel, and Friends” on Friday, June 10 at 8:00 p.m.;
- and a concert for choir and orchestra featuring cantatas for Easter on Friday, June 11 at 8:00 p.m.
The concert on Friday, June 10 will feature music for orchestra: Brandenburg Concerto No. 2, a Handel Concerto Grosso, and concertos by Telemann and Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach.
For the concluding concert on Saturday, June 11, the Peoria Bach Festival choir will join the orchestra to present cantatas for the Easter season: Cantata No. 31: “Der Himmel lacht, die Erde jubilieret” (“The Heavens Laugh, and the Earth Rejoices”); Cantata No. 68: “Also hat Gott die Welt geliebt;” (“For God So Loved the World”), and Cantata No. 66: “Erfreut euch, ihr Herzen” (“Rejoice, You Hearts”). Join us also on Sunday, June 12 as Cantata No. 31 will be a part of our worship services 8 am and 10:45 am.
For a complete schedule and details, be sure to call (309) 676-4609 or visit www.peoriabachfestival.org.